This process is recommended for your device if : it is frozen, it doesn’t turn on or you are experiencing a software issue. It will allow you to perform a low level format on your device. Thus all the data will be deleted, you won't be able to retrieve them. We strongly recommend to back them up first. Keep in mind that your device’s battery must be charged enough to perform this operation.
Since Android™ 5.0, your device is linked to your Google™ account. If you reset your device from the recovery menu (method 2), you will have to set the same Google™ account you filled in the last wizard. If you reset your device in order to resell it, please use the method 1.
- If you can have access to the Android™ interface
- Select the Settings app then select Backup & reset > Factory data reset.
- To delete music, photos and other user data, you must erase the internal SD card. Tick Erase phone storage.
- Select Reset phone and confirm.
- If you can’t access the Android™ interface
- Turn off the device by using the ON/OFF button.
- Press the ON/OFF button and hold the Volume - button until the device turns on.
- As soon as the bootlogo is displayed, release the ON/OFF button and keep holding the Volume - button.
- Release the Volume - button once the green robot is displayed.
- Hold anew the ON/OFF button and press once the Volume + button to display the Android system recovery menu.
If you failed to access to the recovery menu, please start again from the beginning.
- Select "Wipe data/factory reset" and validate.
- Select "Yes -- delete all user data" and validate to remove all the user data.
- At the end of the process, select "Reboot system now" and validate to restart the device.