This process is recommended for your device if : it is frozen, it doesn’t turn on or you are experiencing a software issue. It will allow you to perform a low level format on your device. Thus all the data will be deleted, you won't be able to retrieve them. We strongly recommend to back them up first. Keep in mind that your device’s battery must be charged enough to perform this operation.
- What you'll need
- Your device has to be turned off (push the power button for 10 secs)
- A USB cable
- A PC running Windows® (XP or superior)
- Download the required files
You will need the original firmware to reinitialize your device. From your computer, please download and save on the desktop (or in a folder) :
- The file firmware_archos_it4x.aos that you can download here
- Entering in recovery mode on your device
- The tablet must be off (push the power button for 10 secs).
- Plug the USB cable into the PC (do not plug into the tablet yet).
- Press & hold Volume -.
- Now plug the USB lead into the tablet.
- A white boot menu should appear, you can release Volume -.
Use the volume buttons on your tablet to navigate and validate with ON/OFF
If you failed to access to the recovery menu, please start again from the step 2.
- Formatting the tablet
From the recovery menu on your tablet :
- Scroll down with Volume - to "Format system" then validate with ON/OFF.
- Scroll down with Volume - to "Reformat Device..." then validate with ON/OFF.
- Finally choose "I understand" and validate with ON/OFF.
- A progress bar will be displayed during the process. Once the message "USB Connection: Press OK to disconnect" appears, paste the firmware from your computer to your device at the root, as shown below then validate with ON/OFF on your tablet.
Your device has now been reinitialized. To download and install the original content of your tablet, please see the following FAQ.