NFC (Near Field Communication) technology allows wireless information transfer between two compatible devices. Compared to other wireless technologies, the maximum distance between the two devices should not exceed few centimeters.
With NFC, you can mainly:
- transfer files (music, photos etc...) via Android Beam
- share data (contacts, game data etc...) via Android Beam
- make payments (after an inital configuration)
- validate a ride in public transportation
- get information (in a museum, at a bus stop etc...)
To activate NFC, go to the All Apps section and open Settings > More then slide the switch to the ON position.