Below is a brief description of the first Home Screen when your device is turned on. Please refer to the dedicated FAQs for more information about the advanced features.
1. Main panel also called Home Screen: This is the equivalent of the Desktop on a computer. You can pin shortcut icons for you applications or games as well as widgets. There are five screens that can be accessed by sliding your finger from right to left (or the opposite). You can find some usefull information that will help you customize your home screen in the following FAQ.
2. Dock : As on the home screen, you can pin shortcut icons for your applications and games. The difference is that this dock is persistent between screens, when you switch between your five screens, visible applications in the dock remain the same. Very convenient for apps that you use regularly. You can find out how to move icons in the following FAQ.
3. Status Bar : Bar at the top or bottom right depending on the version of Android on your device device, which can display various information about your system as time, battery level or your 3G and Bluetooth connection / etc ... A presentation of the status bar is available in the following FAQ.
4. Notifications Bar : Bar at the top left or bottom right depending on the version of Android on your device, which can display various information linked to your system notifications as received emails, missed calls or available updates. A presentation of the notifications bar is available in the following FAQ.
5. Android™ Buttons : Depending on your device, these buttons can be either displayed on the screen (as shown on the picture) or printed under the screen. Their use and their representation can be slightly different depending on the version of Android on your device. Please read the following FAQ for more information about their use.
6. Application Drawer : The central button that you will generaly find on the dock gives you access to all your dowloaded applications as well as available widgets. A presentation of the application drawer is available on the following FAQ.