This process is recommended for your device if : it is frozen, it doesn’t turn on or you are experiencing a software issue. It will allow you to perform a low level format on your device. Thus all the data will be deleted, you won't be able to retrieve them. We strongly recommend to back them up first. Keep in mind that your device’s battery must be charged enough to perform this operation.
Since Android™ 5.0, your device is linked to your Google™ account. If you reset your device from the recovery menu (method 2), YOU WILL HAVE TO SET THE SAME GOOGLE™ ACCOUNT YOU FILLED IN BEFORE RESETTING THE DEVICE. If you reset your device in order to resell it, please use the method 1 OR use the method 2 but delete your account from the Settings app first.
- If you can have access to the Android™ interface
- Select the Settings app then select Backup & reset > Factory data reset.
- Select "Reset phone" and confirm.
- If you can’t access the Android™ interface
- Turn off the device by using ON/OFF
- While holding Volume +, press ON/OFF until the device turns on.
- Once the bootlogo is displayed, release the ON/OFF button and keep holding the Volume + button.
The Android recovery menu is displayed.
Use the volume buttons to navigate and ON/OFF to validate.
If you failed to access to the recovery menu, please start again from the beginning.
- Select "Wipe data/factory reset" and validate to restore your device to its default settings.
- Select "Yes -- delete all user data" and validate to remove all the user data.
- Select "Reboot system now" and validate to reboot the device.