This process is recommended for your device if : it is frozen, it doesn’t turn on or you are experiencing a software issue. It will allow you to perform a low level format on your device. Thus all the data will be deleted, you won't be able to retrieve them. We strongly recommend to back them up first. Keep in mind that your device’s battery must be charged enough to perform this operation.
Since Android™ 5.0, your device is linked to your Google™ account. If you reset your device from the recovery menu (method 2), you will have to set the same Google™ account you filled in the last wizard. If you reset your device in order to resell it, please use the method 1.
- If you can have access to the Android™ interface
- Select the Settings app then select Backup & reset.
- Select Factory data reset to erase all data.
- Select Reset tablet and confirm.
- If you can’t access the Android™ interface
- Turn off the device by using ON/OFF.
- While holding Volume + press ON/OFF until the device turns on. When the select boot mode screen is displayed, release all the buttons.
- Use Volume + to select "Recovery mode" and confirm with Volume -.
You are in the Android recovery mode screen.
Use the volume buttons to navigate and ON/OFF to validate.
- Select "Wipe data/factory reset", then "Yes -- delete all user data" and validate to remove all the user data.
- Select "Reboot system now" and validate to reboot the device.
If you failed to access to the recovery menu, please start again from the beginning.
Your device has now been reinitialized. To download and install the original content of your tablet, please see the following FAQ.