This process is recommended for your device if : it is frozen, it doesn’t turn on or you are experiencing a software issue. It will allow you to perform a low level format on your device. Thus all the data will be deleted, you won't be able to retrieve them. We strongly recommend to back them up first. Keep in mind that your device’s battery must be charged enough to perform this operation.
- Since Android™ 5.0, your device is linked to your Google™ account. If you reset your device from the recovery menu (method 2), YOU WILL HAVE TO SET THE SAME GOOGLE™ ACCOUNT YOU FILLED IN BEFORE RESETTING THE DEVICE.
- If you reset your device in order to resell it, please use the method 1 OR use the method 2 but delete your Google account first from the Settings app.
If you can have access to the Android™ interface
- Select the Settings app then select Backup & reset > Factory data reset.
- Select "Reset phone" and confirm.
If you can’t access the Android™ interface
- Turn off the device by using the ON/OFF button.
- While holding the Volume - button, press the ON/OFF button until the device turns on.
- Release the ON/OFF button and keep holding the Volume - button.
- Release the Volume - button once the green robot is displayed.
- Hold the ON/OFF button and press the Volume + button once, then release.
The Android recovery menu is displayed.
- Use the Volume buttons to select "Wipe data/factory reset" and validate with the ON/OFF button.
- Use the Volume buttons to select "Yes" and validate with the ON/OFF button.
- After the formatting process, use the Volume buttons to select "Reboot system now" and validate with the ON/OFF to reboot the device.
|If you failed to access to the recovery menu, please start again from the beginning.