This process is recommended for your device if: it is frozen, it doesn’t turn on or you are experiencing a software issue. It will allow you to perform a low-level format on your device. Thus all the data will be deleted, you won't be able to retrieve them. We strongly recommend to back them up first. Keep in mind that your device’s battery must be charged enough to perform this operation.
When you erase all your data without accessing the Android interface, you will have to re-enter the previously registered Google account in order to proceed and unlock the device. If you can't enter the Google account, you will not be able to unlock the device.
If you have access to the Android™ interface
- Select the Settings app then System > Reset options > Erase all data.
- Select Reset Tablet and confirm.
If you don't have access to the Android™ interface
- Turn off the device.
- Hold the volume + button then connect the charger to your device.
- Release the volume + button when the Recovery window is displayed.
- Use volume + to select Recovery mode.
- Press volume - to validate.
The Android Recovery window is displayed.
If you failed to reach the Android recovery window, restart the process from the beginning.
In this section, use the volume buttons to select and the ON/OFF button to validate.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and validate.
- Select Yes and validate to delete all user data.
- In the end, select Reboot system now and validate to restart the device.
Your device is now restored and all data are erased.